2½ cups contemporary raspberries
2 cups contemporary blackberries
1 cup contemporary blueberries
1 cup sugar
2 tablespoons apricot or pear brandy
1 pound contemporary strawberries, hulled and quartered
2-inch piece orange peel
1 medium white bread loaf, reminiscent of brioche or milk bread, crusts eliminated and sliced about ⅓-inch thick
Edible flowers and leaves of lemon verbena, for adornment (optionally available)
Freshly whipped cream, for serving (optionally available)
1. Mix the raspberries, blackberries, and blueberries in a big saucepan over medium warmth. Add the sugar and brandy and produce the berries to a delicate simmer. Add the strawberries and orange peel and scale back the warmth to low. Proceed cooking the fruit for two minutes extra, simply till softened however nonetheless intact. Drain the berries by means of a fine-mesh strainer set over a medium heatproof bowl, capturing the juices. Discard the orange peel and set the berries apart.
2. Line a 2-quart high-sided glass bowl or gelatin mildew with plastic wrap, leaving a 4-inch overhang across the edges of the dish.
3. Dip the bread slices within the berry juice and line the bowl with the soaked slices of bread, reducing some slices in half or diagonally to suit the form of the bowl.
4. Fill the soaked bread–lined bowl with the cooked berries. High the berries with extra juice-dipped bread slices. Wrap the floor of the pudding with the plastic wrap overhang. Place a plate on the floor of the coated pudding and set a soup can on high of the plate to weigh it down.
5. Chill the pudding for at the very least eight hours or in a single day. When you find yourself able to serve, unwrap the plastic from the floor of the pudding and invert onto a cake platter. Gently take away the plastic movie from the pudding, enhance with edible flowers and lemon verbena leaves, if utilizing, and serve slices with a beneficiant scoop of whipped cream, if desired.